SIM card questions

i just got my new moto 4 play. i put in the little sim card that was in the box, it was very small. Is it a real sim card? what do i do with the card in my old phone?

The SIM card that came with your new phone is a real SIM card. Yes, it is very small.

The SIM card that is in your old phone should stay with that phone, especially if you plan to sell that phone.

There is no personal information on the SIM card from your old phone, so you don’t need to worry about that, and that card will not work with another phone.

maybe I have it in wrong, my phone is not recognizing it, keeps saying no sim card inserted, only emergency calls. is the shiney gold side supposed to be facing me or down?

Hi @tammyk.b9kema,

According to Motorola, the contacts should be facing down. Perhaps, this will help: Insert or remove the SIM card - Moto G Play (4th Gen.)?

SIM card come in 3 sizes all are nested in the credit card size and should have needed to be punch-out of the credit card size carrier

standard size id the outer outline

Micro is the middle sized one (the one the Moto G4 takes)

nano will be the inner ring one

if you punched out the nano you can still reinsert it in the micro slot and install as the only difference ins the amount of plastic surrounding the chip

you can also get adapter to increase the size fairly cheap Amazon.com: SIM Card Adapter Nano Micro - Standard by iSYFIX 4 in 1 Converter Kit With Steel Tray Eject Pin: Cell Phones…

if you punched out the nano you can still reinsert it in the micro slot and install as the only difference ins the amount of plastic surrounding the chip

Hi @tammyk.b9kema ,

Here’s a good video that shows Moto G4 Play SIM installation.

Motorola Moto G4 Play: Inserting the SIM Card, Battery & Memory Card (11 of 11) | Consumer Cellular - YouTube

Be careful when popping out the SIM. The nano size will want to jump out. I used scissors to start a cut on the micro outline and was able to keep nano attached to the micro surround.

@tammyk.b9kema

Some skillful placing of scotch tape can put the pieces of Humpty Dumpty Nano back together again but use an exacto knife to trim the tape so there is no overlap.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

Message an
Expert customer