Sim Card replacement?

Hello All, I’m upgrading from a motoG4 to a Samsung S6, can I use the old Sim card or must I get a new card for the Samsung? I’m not changing my plan or number just want a different phone,Thanks

do you know if the Moto G4 was on the GSM partner network if yes then the SIM can just be swapped (If no then a BYOD GSM SIM must be purchased

to tell please see point 6 the the following

1 Like

As clarification, my MotoG4 sim card is from RW, do to some issues with the phone it will be replace by a RW compatible phone from a different manufacturer,hope this helps.

@drm186’s reference to GSM and CDMA is directed at determining which of Republic’s cellular partners your G4 is provisioned with. If provisioned with Republic’s GSM partner, moving the SIM from the G4 to your new S6 should work. If your G4 is provisioned with Republic’s CDMA partner (Sprint), moving the SIM won’t work as the S6 is a GSM only phone.

The post he linked has information that will help you determine which of Republic’s cellular partners your G4 is provisioned with. As a shortcut, please dial as if making a call *#*#786#*#* and note the result. If nothing happens, the SIM in your G4 is GSM and may be moved to the S6. If you see a “Sprint DM” menu, your G4 is provisioned with Republic’s CDMA partner and you’ll need a new SIM for the S6.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer