SIM Card troubles on E4

We purchased a new Moto E4 for my wife a few weeks ago. At first the phone would read the SIM card and we were able to activate the phone. But then the phone stopped working. The dashboard said "emergency calls only.: The same thing happened with a replacement SIM card. It worked for a while and then quit. We’ve had an open ticket and there seems to be no solution. My wife needs a reliable phone. She’s ready to quit RW. Anyone have any suggestions?

Moto G4 wont read SIM card

Since this post is not related to the old topic you replied to, I posted this as a new topic.

We purchased a new Moto E4 for my wife a few weeks ago. At first the phone would read the SIM card and we were able to activate the phone. But then the phone stopped working. The dashboard said "emergency calls only.: The same thing happened with a replacement SIM card. It worked for a while and then quit. We’ve had an open ticket and there seems to be no solution. My wife needs a reliable phone. She’s ready to quit RW. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi @martin.radcliff,

I hope you’ll let our support team know that the issue has persisted despite the new SIM card. Replacing the SIM card is one troubleshooting step, but not the only one. Please let them know additional assistance is needed.

Also, please note that I moved your second post from an unrelated, very old post where you had posted.

I have to say that I’m very disappointed with Republic Wireless. I’ve had difficulties before, but you’ve been good at resolving them. But this time is different. The E4 activated with no problem with the first SIM card. Then it quit working. A second SIM was sent, and it worked at first. But when it quit working this time my wife’s phone has become a brick, essentially a tablet with no cellular signal. I assumed that the phone would still work on WiFi, but apparently that’s not the case. Who knows what calls she’s missed, either for work opportunities as a substitute teacher or personal matters like her mother’s frail health. She’s angry and says that she’s going to Verizon today and get service with them. Your price is the best around, but it’s no bargain if the service doesn’t work.

I’ve been working with the support team. Just look at the ticket Ticket Details | Republic Wireless https://republicwireless.com/account/tickets/detail/?ticket-id=1233774. I’ve tried everything the support team suggested. If you have any other ideas you’d better let me know quickly, we’ll be cancelling service on that phone soon if it doesn’t start working. My wife isn’t in the mood to wait for a replacement phone that might not work any better than what she has now.

I’ve been with Republic since the Beta period. I’m hoping to continue with RW, but my faith is shaken.

Martin Radcliff

Hi @martin.radcliff,

I’m very sorry that we’ve disappointed you and frustrated your wife to the point of leaving. That’s certainly not our goal.

If there is an issue with the phone that cannot be resolved, replacing it would be the only option, and we will do so as quickly as possible.

I just received the email with the printable return label. The problem is, I’m not sure my wife kept the original box. Will that preclude returning the Moto E4?

No, the original box is not required for a return, only the original components that came with the phone, like the charger.

Here is a full return policy for your reference:

Thank you for your help. I know that defective phones sometimes come from the factory. That’s something beyond your control. My wife’s frustration stems from the fact that she hasn’t had a usable phone, and there appears to be no workaround available, such as forwarding calls from her RW number to a Google Voice number. She’s also frustrated because we had a lot of trouble with her first generation Moto E. She missed lots of calls- they arrived hours afterward, and the calls she placed did the same. Upgrading to Lollipop helped, but she still had problems.

I’ll let you know later today what she does. If she goes with someone else we’ll be cancelling her service and the replacement phone. My experience has been more positive, so I’ll stay for now. In any event I’ll send the E4 back in the next day or two.

Thank you for trying. I appreciate it.

Martin Radcliff

I also received a Moto E4. It also worked a few days then stopped. Same thing with tech support. Tried everything won’t work. I also am returning the phone. Seems like this is the stat of a trend.?

Hi @garthk,

If your ticket is still open, please let them know the issue persists. We would very much like to help. If your ticket has closed out, I’ll be glad to open another one on your behalf.

Hi, I am having the same problem. Emergency calls only. Followed all the troubleshooting per my Help Ticket 1260587, and for a day and a half the phone worked, then the problem recurred. I’ve been waiting a day now for a reply to my help ticket. Is this company’s approach starting to crash or what’s up with Help Ticket service? How do you get help if Help Ticket system doesn’t work and Community solutions don’t work to get your phone back to 100% functional?

Hi @ryszard,

We are experiencing some higher-than usual ticket volume right now, so we are seeing some extended wait-time on tickets. Your issue is one that cannot be solved by Community, it needs the dedicated attention of our technical team.

I’ll make sure they are aware this situation currently has you without a functioning phone.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.