SIM in wrong slot

What phone do you have? Moto G5 Plus (64GB)

What plan are you on? My Choice + 1 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data

Issue Description

Started this morning (or maybe even yesterday), I can’t call out, and in Notifications there was a message Sim in wrong slot. But now it is saying Let’s get started, insert your SIM card. It says I am not activated on Republic.

I have not touched any SIM card. I don’t know where the SIM card is. I bought this phone from RW. Right now my phone is unusable!
Holly

EDIT - removed last name to protect privacy because this is a public form

Hi @hollyfpk

A good first step is to uninstall and reinstall the SIM card, making sure it is firmly seated in the holder.

Here is a link to the manual for your phone:

Page 2 indicates that the SIM slot is on the top edge of the phone. Page 4 shows how to uninstall and reinstall the SIM carrier.

You will need a SIM removal tool to get the SIM carrier to eject from the phone. If you do not have a SIM removal tool, you can use a small paper clip that has been straightened out or a pin/needle that has had the point snipped off.

3 Likes

How hard do you have to push the paperclip in the hole? I push it in until it hits something, and push a little pressure, and nothing happens.

Sometimes you do have to push hard. You are most likely hitting the release switch. Some of them take more pressure to release.

Even my husband can’t open it. Eventually it just bends the paper clip. We can’t get it open.

You might want to check with a phone repair shop tomorrow to see if they can get it open for you.

Finally got it out! Reseated the little card. Restarted phone. Wow, it works now! What a relief!

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.