SIM & Phone #

I have a Republic Moto X (Gen 1) as a home phone and a Republic Moto X (Gen 2) as my phone. I am going to replace my Gen 2 with a Moto Z Play and make my Gen 2 our home phone, decommissioning the Gen 1. If I transfer the SIM from the Gen 1 to the Play will it work on Republic correctly? Is the phone # tied to the SIM or will I be prompted to transfer a number from my account?

I forgot this, sorry. The reason I ask is that I was going to purchase the unlocked Play from my local Best Buy rather than through Republic since price is not different and work on it this weekend

No, the SIM in the X1 is to allow the phone to connect to Sprint’s 4G service and will not work in the new 3.0 phones, so leave it alone. You can order a 3.0 phone SIM from either Republic Wireless or Amazon.

Your new Moto Z play is GSM only, so you will be on TMobile’s network. Make sure TMobile works for you. 4G LTE Coverage Map | Check Your 4G LTE Cell Phone Coverage | T-Mobile

You will also be put on a 3.0 plan, so the old 1.0 or 2.0 plan is gone.

Thank you very much! 3.0 phones? I had no idea. I do have coverage though so that is all good. I also just saw a message discussing the possibility of a Play on sale next week from Republic for $350. I guess I can wait to see if that materializes. Then I will not need to transfer a SIM. Thank you again. Republic Rocks!

That isn’t just a possibility. Republic has confirmed the following:

Republic is launching two special offers this month to discount phones, and provide six months of free service. Republic is offering the Moto Z Play for $349 between December 7th and 12th, and the Huawei Ascend 5W for $129 between December 13th and 19th. Both handsets will come with a contract-free six months of free service, with unlimited calls and texts, and 1GB of data. (The $20 1GB plan).

Message an
Expert customer