Sirin Labs - Finney phone support

I plan on preordering a Finney from Sirin Labs, does anyone know if this phone will be supported by Republic Wireless? I would hate to lose the service that I have come to love.

https://sirinlabs.com/

Well, the phone is definitely not supported. I can tell you that much. I can tell you with nearly 100% certainty that it will never be supported. The world of crypto is still far too young to get major support for a project like this. Republic currently doesn’t support many of the major players in the smartphone space (such as LG, Huawei, OPO, etc). There is no way they would extend support to a fledgling company with a completely new block chain phone. It’s an interesting concept for sure, but the company and it’s product haven’t been proven. Another reason why it will never be supported is because it is a niche product. Only a drastically small number of Republic customers would ever be interested in something like that. Not nearly enough for Republic to allocate resources to test and and support it.

2 Likes

Never say never :slight_smile:
*Thomas Watson, president of IBM, in 1943 stated I think there is a world market for maybe five computers … He was wrong, and today’s phones are more powerful than anything that was envisioned in his time. As our needs change, so will technology and business’s response.
Enjoy … there’s a lot of good stuff coming :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Fair enough, however, in the context of the original question, I think we need to be realistic. Republic is not going to support something like Sirin Labs Finney until and unless it demonstrates a market. The odds of that happening anytime soon are slim to none.

1 Like

I think I can confidently say that this iteration willl never be supported :wink: .

1 Like

To provide an answer to @kurtw.8zs72k question (and I also doubt we will see the Sirin phone) … but here is what Republic publishes (bolding is mine)

We’re sorry, we don’t support other phones at this time.
Check out our store for guaranteed supported phones.
Shop Now
Didn’t find what you’re looking for?
Tell us which phone you’d like to see offered
in our BYOP program.
Take the survey

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer