Six days.... still nothing....on transfer

It is now six days and I still haven’t had my number transferred. In the original doc I mad a mistake and since then no one seems to have a clue, get back to me, or complete this simple trans-action…transfer.

Can any one here give me a human or a smart A.I. to punch this info into the system ?

Thank you folks
aussie kev

Hi @kevinc.ogsqfw,

I’m sorry to hear of the experience! You’ve posted your question to Republic’s online Community. For the most part, we are members (other customers) helping fellow members.

Republic’s self-serve documentation for correcting errors made when attempting to transfer (port) a number in are here: How to Correct an Error in Your Number Transfer Request – Republic Help. It sounds as if you may have already tried that. If so, and it didn’t work, you’ll need direct assistance from staff. You may already have a ticket opened on your behalf. Please look here: Tickets | Republic Wireless. Do you see a ticket titled “Porting Exception” or something similar?

Thank you for reaching out. I just got an update from yesterday afternoon… saying they had submitted my info to my last carrier…
why have my last carrier been holding things up… they have had the info since last sunday at republic… last carrier has no say in it… very “buggy” service so far… see what washes out… this is holding me up, no end…

Hi @kevinc.ogsqfw,

While it’s true that generally your soon to be former service provider must release your number, they do indeed have a say in it. They must verify that you own the number you wish to transfer and if incorrect account information was initially supplied, that’s likely the explanation for the holdup. That said, the best we’re able to do here is speculate as to what might have happened. If the correct information was resubmitted to your old service provider yesterday, it’s not unreasonable the transfer wouldn’t have taken place yet.

Please see here for how to check the status of a pending number transfer: How to Transfer Your Number to Republic Wireless – Republic Help. If there’s nothing useful there, you’ll need to follow-up with staff on your open ticket.

thank you for the further input roalndh … am getting anxious… won’t help though as I guess my faux paus caused a double down on security… I guess they could ring each number…& talk with me I am here… gps the phones, they are both at my address… value adding mate to the customer experience, when I get it running will be a big change for me… my IPhone 3 is that SMART it can’t get the net anymore… thanks again mate, aye !

1 Like

While I appreciate the logic, I’m afraid that’s not how number porting (transfers) are designed to work. I’m confident that Republic will get this done for you as soon as possible. Hang in there my friend, I think you’ll find it worth the wait. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @kevinc.ogsqfw,

While it’s true that generally your soon to be former service provider must release your number, they do indeed have a say in it. They must verify that you own the number you wish to transfer and if incorrect account information was initially supplied, that’s likely the explanation for the holdup. That said, the best we’re able to do here is speculate as to what might have happened. If the correct information was resubmitted to your old service provider yesterday, it’s not unreasonable the transfer wouldn’t have taken place yet.

Please see here for how to check the status of a pending number transfer: How to Transfer Your Number to Republic Wireless – Republic Help. If there’s nothing useful there, you’ll need to follow-up with staff on your open ticket.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to post a public response in our Community.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

thanks again … your further explanation stands to reason … I am not upset with the service when the phone is connected and all that it does. My wife has been using since last Feb and we’re very happy with the price and deal over this time. We lost her first phone and the company replaced it for great price second hand… no problems, then we found the first phone again and so I have decided to utilize it as well. I suppose you get the “super service” with the “super price tag”… the price is the best out there, so I am happy to wait until they sort me out hahahahahahahaha… upside is… ya’all understand me butcherin’ of the english and sullementing with the ‘lingo ‘o’ the dingo’… aussie strine mates… have a guid day, aye !

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer