Slow shipping of sim card

ordering

I ordered a sim card on the 5th and opted for the free UPS mail innovation option. Very soon I got an email saying it “shipped” . However, on actually looking tracking the shipment it seems that only the shipment info was received by UPS and the package hasn’t actually shipped. Its been 4 days and the status has remained unchanged. The mail option did say it could take upto 8 days, but I’ve never seen any shipment sit at one stage for so long. My new phone is here and sitting unused without the sim. Is this normal? Anyone else have a similar experience? I am beginning to suspect this might be happening due to a shortage of sims due to the free offer.

You should probably open a ticket and talk to the Support Team. It is probably just an error.

"I ordered a sim card on the 5th and opted for the free UPS mail innovation option. Very soon I got an email saying it “shipped” . However, on actually looking tracking the shipment it seems that only the shipment info was received by UPS and the package hasn’t actually shipped. Its been 4 days and the status has remained unchanged. The mail option did say it could take upto 8 days, but I’ve never seen any shipment sit at one stage for so long. My new phone is here and sitting unused without the sim. Is this normal? Anyone else have a similar experience? I am beginning to suspect this might be happening due to a shortage of sims due to the free offer.

Solved by seanr in post #2

The exact same thing is happening to me. I ordered a Sim card on Thursday, the 26th, and I received an email that it was shipped on the 27th. However, UPS tracking, just like what happened to mainakm, happened to me. Four days later, UPS Tracking just says the shipping information was received, but no details about the shipment progress. I contacted UPS, and was told the tracking number was not valid. What the Heck is going on here?

Hi @christineh.qzoesp,

Just as @seanr indicated in the previous reply, you’ll want to open a ticket to have this investigated. Our Community members don’t have access to your account or order history.

It might be easiest, though, to just place another order for another free SIM card. Even our support agents have very limited information as to the status of orders once they our fulfillment center has indicated they are shipped.

It is a valid tracking code.

What you are seeing is usually caused by the distributor setting up the shipping and when the UPS driver picks up all of the packages (we ship out a lot), they forget to scan the small SIM package, so it never shows tracking. Quite often it will still arrive but never gets tracked properly.

Thank you for your prompt response, Sean. I will wait until about the 8th of this month, and see what happens. This info is good to know.

Thank you, Southpaw. As I told sean, I’ll just wait until about the 8th-10th of this month before I order another SIM card. No sense in a possible duplication of the order.

It could also be related to Delayed Shipments Due to Accident at Fulfillment Center - 05/01/18

Not sure though.

Fortunately, no one was hurt. I’lll just watch and wait, and re-order if too much time goes by. Thanks

If the issue is not due to the accident, its probably going to arrive just before or on the last date of the time period mentioned when you checked out. That’s when I received mine. For me, the tracking never updated, even after I received it.

To the best of my knowledge for the ups mail innovation option, ups hands the package over to usps and it languishes in your local post office for some time before you receive it.

I think opening a ticket before the estimated last day of delivery is pointless. I did that and was asked to wait till the last day anyway.