SMS error message

I keep getting an error message, SMS not valid, use a valid number for US and Canada. I am in Colombia now, and downloaded WhatsApp so I can communicate with the people here. This just started happening today. Does anyone know what’s going on and how to fix it!

Just so I understanding the issue correctly
you have Whatsapp installed and are using that when you get this error? (if that the case you will need to contact the whatsapp team https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/)
one thing to check and see in the whatsapp has permission for SMS if it does try removing that permission
for android 8.0: open phone setting :gear: --> Apps and notifications --> App permissions --> SMS --> turn off for whatsapp

if you are using the normal texting app and get this error on non-US or Canadian numbers that that expected as Republic does not send to international numbers (calling or texting) only US and Canadian numbers

I’m not sure why I am getting it. I turned on allow notifications and that message kept popping up so I turned off notifications from RW. I was able to text, was not trying to contact any internacional #s si I still understand, but I tested texting and it was sent and received.