So which is it Republic Anywhere or Messages ?>

What phone do you have? Moto E4

What plan are you on? talk & txt

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

So I chose the Republic Anywhere app But the Messages app keeps popping up and wont budge unless I choose it ! Almost act’s like a spoiled child ! So what do I choose and how do I get around this battle of the App’s ??? Please don’t tell me I have some kinda virus or hack going on here, pretty weird , also I tried to open a help ticket from my phone and couldn’t kept making me sign in over & over after the 1st sign in and after writing the ticket, had to go to my laptop so the Message app is jamming the Anywhere app

Issue Description

Hi @joanneb.7g0p0n
Let’s first see if Anywhere is set to your default sms app
Please go to the phones settings>apps & notifications. Then scroll down a little till you see “Default Apps”. Make sure Anywhere and not Messages is set.

To Make sure messages is out of the way, you might want to uninstall or Disable it.
You can do this by again going into the settings> apps and find Messages, click on it and then disable (or uninstall if allowed).

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @joanneb.7g0p0n,

For the issue opening a help ticket from the phone, please make sure the Republic app doesn’t have any pending updates in the Play Store. We recently released version 3.25.1.2 to solve this issue.

1 Like

ok, doesn’t show a way to uninstall the app but says i can uninstall updates ?should i do that ? I blocked notifications and cleared defaults , uh wait, no it said install but didn’t do it and now doesn’t give that option. Is it me or are these app’s actually getting aggressive, and if so is this a preschool AI ???

Yes. Then disable Messages.
This what mine looks like disabled.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer