Some incoming calls go straight to voicemail

What phone do you have? Moto G5+

What plan are you on? MC+1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? All

Issue Description

Sometimes when my wife calls my phone (she’s practically the only person who calls me rather than texts!), her call goes straight to voicemail. Another friend confirmed this happened to him a couple of times. But on many (most?) occasions, incoming phone calls come through and ring. This has been going on for months and I can’t find any patterns in terms of the time, location, other circumstances in which the calls go straight to VM. Suggestions?

Hi @mansoork.ohysj4,

Without being able to discern a pattern, suggestions are going to be something of a shot in the dark.

Calls going straight to voicemail is expected behavior when one’s phone is unreachable. It’s possible your phone’s cellular connection is weak at these times. Does the phone have a WIFi connection when this is experienced?

Would you be willing to share a zip code (nothing more) for the purposes of evaluating cellular coverage in your area? To best help, we would also need to know your phone’s SIM type? Here’s how to tell:

2 Likes

If this problem is occuring when you are on WiFi and your phone has been idle (display not in use) for a period of time Android Doze may be your problem
See: Managing Doze Mode - calls received via cell, go to voicemail or are missed (phone is on WiFi)

Thanks, I’ll try this out.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Yes, the issue definitely happens when my phone is on wifi. Usually there’s a good cell connection available too. I live in 78722 and work at 78702. My phone is GSM.

Moderator’s Note: @mansoork.ohysj4 indicated the next step would be trying @jben’s suggestion. This post edited to remove a forwarded E-mail from Community.

Hi @mansoork.ohysj4,

It’s been a little over a week since we last heard from you in our Member Community. Are your calls still going straight to voicemail?

Hi,

Thanks for checking in. I installed the DozeMode macro as suggested and so far I haven’t heard from my wife about calls going straight to VM. So far, so good!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer