Someone is forwarded calls to my phone

I keep getting another person calls & texts on my phone. I believe that they are being forwarded because I’ve asked what number they are calling and then called that number and it rings my phone. Crazy! I’ve texted the number and tried to call it but no response by text or no answer or my phone will ring if I call from a different phone.

The number they are calling is the carriers ‘hidden’ number that is behind the hybrid Cell/WiFi technology.

• See How to find your phone’s Sprint number and stop unwanted calls or texts to that number for a full understanding of this (as provided by @carlh )
    • If the phone you have is is not identified so you can find the number, then post back the phone type and someone with the same phone can probably help you out

I have a Moto G4 and when I type in ##3282# on the keypad, I can’t find an option to click data profile. The phone is using Android 6.0.1 if that matters. Thank you for anyone that has some advice as I would like to find out what the Sprint number is behind my phone.

For the Moto series, Nexii and Pixels, please use the following:

1. Open the Dialer (Phone app).
  2. Dial ##4636##
  3. You’ll see a Testing menu.
  4. Tap Phone information.
  5. The Phone number displayed is your secondary number.
  6. Unless you’re familiar with it, I suggest refraining from further exploring the Testing menu.
  7. Tap the Home button to dismiss the information screen.

On my Moto X and also on the Moto G4 (verified by others) … this sequence should work

• Keypad ##4636##
  • Phone number listed is the Underlying carrier number

jben wrote:

On my Moto X and also on the Moto G4 (verified by others) … this sequence should work

• Keypad ##4636##
  • Phone number listed is the Underlying carrier number
  1. This doesn’t work on my Ascend. Any suggestions or can you point me to a document please?

2. Answered calls to one’s underlying phone will not show up on the RW account Call Log. Is true for the GSM lines

as well?

1. Can Support change the GSM underlying number as they do with the Sprint #s?

Thank you.

Republic isn’t likely to go out of its’ way to formally document how to discover the secondary numbers on our phones. I think in their perfect world, there would be no need for us to be aware of its’ existence. Alas, the world (theirs or ours) is not perfect.

1. ##6130## is the equivalent for ##4636## on the Ascend. Otherwise, the numbered steps in my previous reply apply equally.
  2. Yes.
  3. Yes but you should really check out your Ascend’s “Harassment filter”. In my experience it works with both one’s public facing Republic number and the secondary number. It’s accessed via the Phone Manager app.

Thank you found the # using info to enter Testing. Will check out the HF prior to doing a ticket and ensure all #s on the

NDNCR.

Next I go to my G3 to put #s on the NDNCL. Use info from jben’s link.** 036 area code. **Using #s adjacent to the @.

Is that still a valid way to find Sprint #?

Thanks.

Yes, the information in @carlh’s blog is still how one discovers the secondary number on a legacy Republic phone.

Again thanks, read further and see no Sprint # if on no cell plan. One way to eliminate those with Legacy plan.

williamo.vkbg0s wrote:

Again thanks, read further and see no Sprint # if on no cell plan. One way to eliminate those with Legacy plan.

Not certain I’m understanding you. If you’re referring to the WiFi only plan, there was never a Sprint number assigned nor would there be a need to. Grandfathered plans other than the WiFi only plan would have secondary Sprint numbers.

Message an
Expert customer