Son is in Europe and has My Choice + 3 GB plan - can he drop down to wifi only then back

He’s overseas with the Air Force for an extended period of time. Can I drop his plan down to wifi only, the back to 3GB plan when he gets home, without losing his grandfathered plan? I have searched the Republic help but can’t find anything one way or the other. THANK YOU

There is no WiFi only plan for 3.0 phones
the best can be be done is to downgrade to a no data plan ($15) (which will take place on his next billing date)
https://republicwireless.com/cell-phone-plans/

Thank you! That would be a help for me, to only have to pay $15 a month while he’s gone. He’s only using his phone while on wifi and has 24 hour access to wifi on the base, so it’s not a big deal THANK YOU

Hi @paigem.55bj52,

Thank your son for his service for us, and thank you for your sacrifice - allowing him to serve.

I’m thinking perhaps there’s some confusion and he does actually have a grandfathered plan, such as the Talk & Text plus 3G plan for $25.

If that happens to be the case, then yes, he can drop down to the $5 plan and then move back to the $25 plan without losing his grandfathered plan. The options should be available to him in the Republic app on his phone, or the account owner can make the request by support ticket.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thank you! His phone is showing ‘My Choice’ plan. I have 4 phones on 3 different plans and I can’t remember which plan does what. I have the original plan grandfathered for my Moto X, my son in the Air Force has My Choice and my other 2 sons have the most recent plans.

Thanks for clarifying.

If he took the phone with him and plans to use it on Wi-Fi, the $15 plan would serve his needs.

If he left the phone behind and simply wants to preserve his number as affordably as possible, please open a support ticket and let our team know he’s overseas on deployment. I’d like to see if there’s something more we could do to help.

He took it with him and it’s working great on wifi. He can call home via Skype and Facebook. Air Force keeps him super busy, so he doesn’t have a lot of time to play on his phone but when he has time, the wifi works great for apps.

Thank you so much for your help. He just texted me that he changed to the $15 plan.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.