Special Offer: 6 Months of FREE service

promotions

Are you considering switching to Republic Wireless or know someone that might be? Starting tomorrow, get 6 months for FREE!

See our recent PWK blog post for all the details, and be sure to check out the FAQs below.

Have questions? Join the discussion, here.

FAQs

Who is eligible for the 6 months FREE service promotion?

This promotion is for new and existing Republic Wireless members who order a SIM card from our online store between May 16 and May 22, 2017, and activate that SIM on a new service line by June 6, 2017.

If I’m an existing Republic Wireless member, can I keep my current phone number?

No, this promotion only applies to new service lines. Swapping numbers with an active service line will make you ineligible for the free service offer.

If I’m not already a Republic Wireless member, can I switch to Republic and keep my same phone number?

In most cases, yes! Most numbers can transfer, but there are some that can’t for various reasons. Check to see if your number can be transferred to Republic using our Number Transfer Checker. If your number can be transferred, follow our Number Transfer guide for instructions on how to do so.

If I was previously a Republic Wireless member, can I switch back and receive this offer?

Yes! We’d love to welcome you back to the family!

Is there a limit to the number of service lines on my account that can receive this offer?

No, as long as the service lines are new and all other terms of the offer are followed, you can receive this offer on as many lines as you’d like. However, only 4 SIM cards can be purchased, per person, during the offer period.

Can I choose a plan other than the 2 GB, $30 plan?

Yes! However, you will only receive a discount of up to $30 per month. Any additional costs will be charged to the credit card we have on file for you.

I thought the offer was for 6 months of FREE service; why do I need to enter my credit card information?

During checkout, you will still have to pay for shipping and any applicable taxes and fees. Also, your 6 months of FREE service will begin after your first full month of service with your new service line. You must pay for your first month of service and then the next 6 months are on us, excluding taxes and fees.

Why do I see an error at checkout saying the SIM kit doesn’t have coverage in my zip code?

If you receive an error message saying that the SIM kit doesn’t have coverage in your zip code, that means that our Bring Your Own Phone (BYOP) service is not available in your area. While it’s still possible to order the SIM kit and activate it, your experience is likely to be very poor.

Can I transfer an existing phone number and get this discount if I am currently with another company - in this case tracfone?

So, I am a current RW customer. If I order a 2nd line, I get the 6 months free, correct? What if I cancel my current existing line after getting a new SIM card. If I keep the new number, and don’t transfer my existing line number, do I still get the 6 months free?

Yes. You can port a number in without issue.

My wife and I happen to be switching to Republic on May 19 (this is like the first lottery I’ve ever won)! But I noticed that the window for ordering is May 16-22, and I ordered my wife’s new phone (sim included) and my sim on May 12. I would like to know if I can be included in this promotion?

I chatted with a customer service rep and he said that Republic will honor the promotion since I was literally ONE business day away from hitting that promotion, but I wanted to check it against the community here and see if a) any other new switchers have experienced this and b) help out someone who is in the same boat as me. I also want to clarify if ordering a new phone through republic will qualify me for this promotion? Because if it doesn’t I will ship it back and order one through prime and get a sim card for it to qualify if I have to, which is what I would have done if I’d have known about this last Friday when I ordered the sim card.

Hi @michellel.mqz6ks,

Please check your number here, to make sure we can accept it: Number Transfer | Republic Wireless

As long as you meet all the eligibility requirements of the promotion - buying the SIM card from the RW store during the promotional period, activating before the deadline, opening a new line of service, etc, whether or not you transfer a number to us does not impact the promotion.

Hi @danielb.tn5kdd,

No one else has experienced this, since we just announced the promotion today and it hasn’t even launched yet. Our support team always strives to do the right thing, and if they’ve told you they will honor the promotion as a courtesy for your specific circumstance, you can count on them to follow through.

This is a BYOP SIM promotion, the discount is not automatically applied for phone purchases. Again, though, if our support team told you that would also honor that circumstance as a courtesy for your specific situation, then you have an answer you can count on.

Hi @marshallg.ebttzl,

If I order a 2nd line, I get the 6 months free, correct?

If you meet the eligibility requirement by ordering a BYOP SIM Card during the promotional period and activating it before the deadline as a new line of service, yes.

What if I cancel my current existing line after getting a new SIM card. If I keep the new number, and don’t transfer my existing line number, do I still get the 6 months free?

I would not advise this attempt to circumvent the spirit of the promotion as being for new lines of service, since the conditions state: “Republic Wireless reserves the right to cancel the Offer at any time with respect to any customer for any actions, that Republic Wireless determines in its own discretion, are fraudulent or dishonest.”

From: https://pwk.republicwireless.com/get-6-months-free/:

Act fast while supplies last.*

I don’t find any other * in the blog post. What is the * in reference to?

Good catch, the text it should reference appears to be in the T&Cs, but not an asterisk to show you that it is the text: “The Offer is valid only while SIM card supplies last. SIM card supplies are limited and once they sell out, no other SIM cards will be eligible for this Offer. The Offer is not valid for purchases of the SIM card prior to May 16, 2017 or after May 22, 2017. The Offer has no cash value, is not valid for payment of any kind other than as a service credit for a Republic Wireless service plan, not transferable, and not valid on the service plans of any wireless carrier other than Republic Wireless.”

I believe it is there in error, or may have been intended to reference the conditions that state:

The Offer is valid only while SIM card supplies last. SIM card supplies are limited and once they sell out, no other SIM cards will be eligible for this Offer.

Got it. Makes more sense for me to stay on my current Refund plan then. Thanks.

So “while supplies last”. Supplies equals 10, 50, 100, more? I would hate to see another Huawei Ascend 5W promo availability thread.*

• Granted, most people wanting to take advantage of the offer will probably never read this.

I would expect this to be an extremely popular promotion. The quantities are substantially greater than the number of Ascends that were available for that promotion.

So if I add 2 new lines to my account on 2 new phones, I can get $60 discount for 6 months on my account?

Also it was mentioned above that we should not cancel our old lines but if we want to upgrade from the old outdated service, which is $10 a month for us right now per line to the new phones and service, wouldn’t this be ok to do?

Is this not a valid reason to take advantage of this new offer as an existing customer? I assume that you would want to upgrade legacy customers onto your new plans?

Thanks

Is this not a valid reason to take advantage of this new offer as an existing customer? I assume that you would want to upgrade legacy customers onto your new plans?

The goal of this promotion is to attract new customers to our service. We welcome customers keeping their legacy plans for as long as they enjoy them. We have done upgrade promotions in the past and will probably do some in the future.

So is this promotion usable if your purchase a phone through republic wireless or only if you have a phone laying around and buy it a new sim card?

Hi @roberts.wp4vio,

In order to qualify for this promotion, you need to order a Republic Wireless SIM card from our online store during the promotional period and activate it as a new line of service in a phone we support for BYOP (Bring Your Own Phone) by the stated deadline.

If you want to buy the phone from us to use with the above-mentioned SIM card, that would be fine.

Does this offer apply to SIM card kits purchased on Amazon during the promotion period?

from the FAQ Special Offer: 6 Months of FREE service

Who is eligible for the 6 months FREE service promotion?

This promotion is for new and existing Republic Wireless members who order a SIM card from our online store between May 16 and May 22, 2017, and activate that SIM on a new service line by June 6, 2017.

so no Amazon SIMs here

note those looking for a cheap phone for this can now uses this one

Alcatel A30 Now Compatible with Republic

Amazon.com: Alcatel A30 GSM - 16 GB - Black - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads: Cell Phones & A…