Sprint no more now what

What going to happen to my phone now that Sprint is no more. What is going to my cost to change to T-Mobile?

Hi @crussell and welcome to the Community!

The short answer right now is nothing. Sprint the company is now owned by T-Mobile. Sprint’s network continues to exist and will do so for some time to come. The reports I’m seeing suggest until year-end 2021 and possibly into 2022.

There are too many variables to provide a definitive answer. Among other things, it would depend upon which phone one currently uses with Republic. In any event, there’s no immediate cause for action or concern. When something needs to be done, I’m confident Republic will provide guidance. Until then, it’s status quo.

4 Likes

Sure hope not because switched from Verizon, bad prices, great service to Republic and you gave me a TMobile sim, it was the pits. Dropped calls, robotic sound and not recognizing key prompts on phone calls like enter your acct # or date of birth type calls. Switched to Sprint sim a month ago, it is better but not great. If Sprint is fazed out, won’t be keeping Republic.

Who cares? This is Republic Wireless

Hi @kevinl.d1k7kz,

Did you intend to reply to me or the author of the original post? The question is pertinent. While Republic is indeed our service provider, Republic does not own a cellular network. Rather Republic provisions cellular coverage with one of two network partners.

One partner operates a GSM network and is T-Mobile. Republic’s other partner operates a CDMA network and is the now T-Mobile owned Sprint. T-Mobile and Sprint have merged, however, the networks remain separate. Cellular coverage is provisioned with one partner or the other not both simultaneously.

1 Like

please accept my humble apology.

1 Like

It seems presently RW has one partner and two networks.

:flight_departure:

Thanks for the exercise in pedantry.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer