State Farm App to save me money

Moto G4

State Farm has an app.

Drive safe and save.

Android 4.4 or higher, mine is 7.0

Why can’t I load it?

Check Settings>Storage. See how much memory you have available for new apps.

Hi @johnb.6l9uhw,

From the app’s Google Play page:

Available in select states only. Please contact your State Farm agent for availability.

If you haven’t done so already, you might confirm the app is applicable to your state of residence. Further, State Farm’s app is currently rated at 2.4 stars, so it would seem likely you’re not alone in having difficulty with it.

Available in Florida. Got it from my state farm rep in Florida. Says android 4.4 and above. mine is 7.0. Not a matter of memory, it is incompatible. From google play store, will not load because incompatible.

Did you ask the app maker in their comments? They are the only ones that can tell you what they are looking for.

I’m also in Florida but not a State Farm customer. The app did install on my Moto X Pure running Android 6 (Marshmallow). According to the app’s FAQ page here:

https://www.statefarm.com/insurance/auto/discounts/drive-safe-save/mobile-app

How do I know if my phone is eligible for Drive Safe & Save Mobile?

Just visit the Google Play or the App Store from your phone. If you are able to download the app from there, your phone is eligible!

Ineligible phones will receive a message saying the device is not compatible. Features required for participation include:

• Phone
  • Network
  • Location/GPS
  • Bluetooth
  • Accelerometer
  • Compass
  • Camera
  • Auto-focus
  • Flash

Optional features:

• Gyroscope

At this point, I concur with @seanr, further insight would be best sourced from the app’s developer. Here’s contact information: sf-android-apps@statefarm.com.

ETA: To me, it looks like the Moto G4’s lack of a magnetometer (compass) is the issue.

I agree, the compass is the issue. Thanks for your help. It is appreciated.

Message an
Expert customer