Storage on moto e indicates room to download apk, but it won't just updated to android 5.0

The device now seems to not download apks when it gets to 214 MB left. The apk I’m trying to download is very small less than 15MB. It tells me I need more storage space. Thanks lollipop you’ve taken 2GB and made it even less useful. I can’t afford to upgrade phones right now. Is there a revert to kitkat flash rom. Is there another solution, and why does lollipop like to prefetch so much of each programs cache? I’m needing space!

0 Likes

@markg.goyjub

Have you deleted updates to google apps and other apps on the phone you don’t use and then disable the apps?

DEFY XT: How to increase space for apps and avoid the “low memory” warning There are good points in this to help with storage and making space.

Moto E: Make the most of your phone’s available storage.

MicroSD Card for Moto E

I hope all this helps make the phone run better.

*** ~~ßocephous™ ***

0 Likes

Yes I had some already disabled. That is the first step I took and there is a real issue here with this I think this is going to become a ticket. Because my unit absolutely reads that it has storage space! When you only have 2 GB and the system takes up a good share then it won’t download apps after it reaches 300 to 200 MB left that is ridiculous! Please excuse my rant, you are trying to help and I do appreciate that, but in this case the simple solution won’t help. I may actually petition them to revert to kitkat, my unit was so much better on kit kat, why I ota updated is beyond me, what was I thinking?. Thanks anyways.

For those viewing this-- I have already moved data, photos and those apps that allow moving to ext sd card they are already moved. I’ve cleared my cache, I’ve uninstalled apps, and still the device still insists I have no room when I’m staring at the storage capacity and it still reads 200-250MB are free. Does Lollipop allow more prefetching cache of each app installed is this something that could hinder the download?

0 Likes

@markg.goyjub

The phone can’t be reverted back. Sorry! I am a customer just like you and volunteer help to others. I own a E1, G1 and a X2. I know your issue, the E1 is mt home phone and backup now if one other phone is down. I essentially have a list thats disabled that I don’t use. The phone has limited storage and limited ram too 1GB I believe. If I can help in any way PM me and I will help privately with PM Personal Message

*** ~~ßocephous™***

0 Likes

Well, I decided that I’d roll back the few google app I use, which had several updates applied on top. In theory this should help a lot and when calling for update only apply the latest if I need too. In doing so it now reads 498MB free. I find lollipop slower than kitkat and not as friendly-- too many taps to get the same job done that one tap did in Kitkat. I greatly appreciate your offer. I’ll have to decide which apps to not install.

0 Likes

@markg.goyjub

Actually the Lollipop should run faster by running ART file system and not Dalvik. It’s your phone and I don’t know what apps you like but remember if you need a app download it then when done delete it if it’s not one you will use for a few months.

*** ~~ßocephous™***

0 Likes

closed #7
0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer