Ok gang, it’s been a while since I’ve been here and I’ve done my best to sift through “old” answers but there is a lot of irrelevant stuff out there and found myself going down overly specific rabbit holes with no real solution.
First gen Moto X (just like the pioneers used).
Previously I had a bunch of issues with calls going directly to voicemail and spent months trying everything except dancing naked with chicken blood to get the problem solved. It never really went away but since it was only about a third of the time, I lived with it. I was able to make calls with no issues, just couldn’t receive some. This happened both on wifi and cell.
[Dramatic dissolve to a week ago]
I noticed that suddenly all my calls were going to voicemail (wifi and cell). So, days ago I needed to call someone while driving home and when I dialed their number…nothing. It would freeze (sort of) on the dialing page indicating it was calling but never make a sound or connected. Then when I’d try to hang up…it would freeze on “hanging up”. I could minimize the window and do other things but it would not change from the “hanging up” state. After 20 minutes (literally) of waiting, I rebooted the phone only to get the “optimizing apps” thing. That take over an hour. Nearly every day I tried this again and again and each time there was no connection and the annoying optimizing apps after the reboot.
[Smashcut to yesterday]
Same deal, wife’s call went straight to voicemail. I left my office and tried calling multiple people, not once did it connect.
[Fade to lunch today]
So while dining on a generous portion of Burger Kings exquisite offerings at lunch today I decided to do some experimentation (relax, not the kind you did in college). I tried to make a call to my other cell phone multiple times…no dice. Then I called multiple time from my other phone to my RW phone. Straight to voicemail each time. I then repeated this using a nearby wifi connection. No joy on target.
So…this leaves me with a device that cannot receive calls or make calls. I left out the parts where I repeatedly cleared, cache, etc. Everything else works fine. Texting has no issue, internet, Bieber-4-eva app…they all work.
Please tell me there is an answer to this issue and that I simply overlooked it wadding through the “self help” area.
Thanks gang, I look forward to your assistance!