Strange keyboard click noise during text input into any application, unable to return to default sound

What phone do you have? MotoG 5sPlus

What plan are you on? My Choice

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? 2gb data

Issue Description

Issue initially started months ago. One day the keyboard click was different when entering text into a browser search bar. I changed all the sound setting I could find to fix it, but no avail. Restarting the phone fixed it then. It has since occurred on two or three later occasions and was corrected each time with a restart. This time, nothing is correcting it. I’ve checked every possible sound setting. Performed a safe mode start but it still does it. I’ve reset all the apps and it still does it. Motorola/Lenovo says I need to perform a complete hard reset of the phone next, which I’m not keen on doing yet. Is that my only option? MP4 is the sounds while adding and then deleting text characters. https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/republic/original/3X/0/8/084cef52e94090fcbc086f129ce3f60b698eec8a.mp4

Hi @mikem.pyr6be

Try going into the Keyboard settings and looking for the switch to stop the clicks.

Go to your settings>System>Languages & Inputs>Virtual Keyboard

Click on Gboard>Preferences and turn off the “sound on keypress” switch.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Awesome. That fixed it. I thought I looked at every possible setting, but I sure missed that one. I just can’t imagine what randomly sets that on though. Thanks the help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer