I have a Moto G5, and have had no issues with it until today. I have the RW plan with 1gig data.
The problem I’m having is it suddenly won’t connect to wifi. Not even my own home wifi. I have disabled and enable the phones wifi from the setup menu, and it will detect and show me available wifi networks. But it pretends to connect to them, and keeps on using my LTE data. When I tell the phone to forget my home network, it does. Then it detects it again, and when I click on my network, (and enter the correct password), it pretends to connect, but doesn’t. My icon on the setup screen remains a question mark. I have disabled cellular data, to ensure anything working is from wifi. I had a 30 minute period where the wifi suddenly worked, then returned to no signal.
Should also add that my home network will show up as SAVED, and the menu will allow me to choose “connect”, but to no avail. On the WIFI screen, my home netowk will simply say “saved”, and will eventually change to “disabled”.
- Turned it on and of again several times.
- Disabled and enabled the wifi
- Disconnected from the home network, and attempted to reconnect
- “Forgot” the home network, rediscovered it, and entered the password
- Restarted the router and model
- Just upgraded to App version 184.108.40.206, but was having this issue before I upgraded
Where can I find out if my phone is still under the 1 year warranty?
Thanks in advance.