Sudently No Wifi calls

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

I have a moto g5 and moto g7 and both have stopped allowing calls over wifi. The g5 notofocation says “Calls over cell, messages and data over wifi” I’m out of cell tower range. when i try to make a call I get " Cellular network not available for voice calls" Have tried restarting, refressing activation, reseting all modems and routers. Data is still going out and in on wifi. Just not calls

Sorry none of us have chimed in on your problem so far.

• As you have two phones, both having nearly the same problem, it sort of points to either your local network or ISP. The fact that it allows messages and data over
    WiFi, but calls over WiFi, would be indicative the quality of the cellular connection is not up to snuff for Republic Wireless

• I would try putting the phone in Airplane Mode then turn WIFI back on and let us know if that ‘fixes’ the problem.
  • Are your phones GSM or CDMA (How to Tell If a Phone Is Active on GSM or CDMA – Republic Help) as this might be attributed to a re-allocation of carrier facilities brought about by the T-Mobile Sprint merger.

This morning everything is back to normal… don’t know what is different but I’ll take it

1 Like
  • Perhaps a closeby neighbor had changed his router channel, and then discovered that you were also causing him problems … but like you, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it works for a lot of us :slight_smile:
    • If problem returns, you may want to see what the Republic Diagnostics find, they are available from the RW App | ? Tab

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer