Suggest a phone with better sound quality

I’m finding the Moto G (3rd Generation) has poor sound quality. Any suggestions on a phone that Republic provides that has better phone quality than the Moto G, but remains inexpensive.

I am curious as to how you have determined that the phone has poor sound quality.

For example, does it have poor sound quality when you play media files or are the issues limited to voice calls?

If voice calls, does it happen on WiFi calls or Cellular calls or both?

What I’m saying is when I’m speaking to someone on the phone, we cannot hear one another well.

If this happens on WiFi then take a look at this to optimize your WiFi settings

Maximizing your WiFi - getting the best from your Router/network

Also run the phone in Safe Mode to see if it works any better as that might

point to one of your downloaded apps.

Sometimes, Clearing the Cache is also helpful.

You may also want to take a look at these

Troubleshooting Guide by Motorola

and follow the appropriate link for your phone model.

I am not trying to discourage you from buying a new phone. Just trying to help you make

sure that the issue is indeed with the phone hardware and not some other peripheral issue

which may or may not change by upgrading to a new phone.

I noticed a huge difference in sound quality moving from my Moto E on a CDMA 2.0 plan to the Huawei Ascend 5w on a 3.0 GSM plan. My Ascend 5w might have the best call quality I’ve ever heard, including land lines. I’m not sure if it’s the phone, T-Mobile’s network, or RW’s bonded calling technology, but the difference in call quality is night and day.

Message an
Expert customer