Support for the OnePlus 5?

byop

I just got the OnePlus 5. Does Republic have any plans to support it in the near future?
If not I’ll have to switch to a different carrier…

2 Likes

It’s not on Republic’s currently approved phones, and Republic doesn’t talk about what phones it will or will not support

1 Like

I thought all you needed was a Republic Wireless SIM card if you wanted to bring your own phone.

0 Likes

I’m afraid that alone isn’t enough. Please see here: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help.

2 Likes

More background
Republic is a Hybrid WiFi first VOIP/Cell backup provider as such it unique use of the basic phone interface on the software side is easy disruptive so Republic test each model it allows to be used and only North American Factory Unlocks models of approved phones are allowed (as Carrier and some OEM modify the OS to meet their needs and international version will have minor hardware changes (like Dual SIMs which Republic does not support) )

Republic maintains a White-list of approved phones and It’s app will check the phone’s build number to the ones in the list trying to be activated against

0 Likes

Just curious, has anyone out there tried Republic Sim in off list phone? You can delete this if need be, don’t want to give people ideas

0 Likes

it’s been tried in both unapproved phones and with carrier version of approved phones the Republic app does not allow it t activate the SIM or let an active SIM to work on an unapproved phone build

2 Likes

Thanks

0 Likes

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes

Message an
Expert customer