Swappa? eBay? Other? Which Worked Best For You?

I have a G1 and X2 that need new homes. I’m not thrilled with eBay lately. I think they’re a little greedy and geared more to professional eBayers. I’m aware that there are several cell phone resale sites online. But, I’m wondering if any of you in the community have an experience or informed opinion to share as to which you think gets the best results? And, is the fact that these phone are eligible for the 2.0 Refund plans a good selling feature to include in the description?

1 Like

I’ve sold several phones on eBay and am pleased with their service. This is what I do:

Remove PIN
Factory reset phone.
Bring to full charge.
Set aside for 24 hours.
Take screen shot of battery condition to be included in ad.
Factory reset again to get the phone back to its initial splash screen.
Bring to full charge.
Advertise, talking-up the outstanding Republic Refund plan.
Sell
ship in original box inside outer box…

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/172849476779

4 Likes

My last few phones were all sold on Swappa. I’ve been very happy with the experience.

2 Likes

The only issue I would see is that Swappa insist’s(?) you use PP, whereas their are other ways, that Ebay accepts?, though, given they might be risky.

Just to add, from recent experience.

If you bank at PayPal, there is not a brick-and-structure to go to, much like RW. However. they will have a difficult time surviving if they lose their customers confidence.

equifax https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0LEV09.JbdZlWYAt0RXNyoA;_ylc=X1MDMjc2NjY3OQRfcgMyBGZyA2NybWFzBGdwcmlkA0tvdldDVG03VGsuRndyTHk1WGxXVUEEbl9yc2x0AzAEbl9zdWdnAzEwBG9yaWdpbgNzZWFyY2gueWFob28uY29tBHBvcwMxBHBxc3RyA0VxdWkEcHFzdHJsAzQEcXN0cmwDMTYEcXVlcnkDZXF1aWZheCUyMGJyZWFjaAR0X3N0bXADMTUwNTE3NTI0NwR1c2VfY2FzZQM-?p=equifax+breach&fr2=sa-gp-search&fr=crmas

One may suggest this is not relevant to the conversation, but that discussion would be more accurate.

Paypal is not a bank (and what in the world does Equifax have anything to do with them?) They don’t offer banking services. They are a payment intermediary. If you have a valid debit card on your account you can have the money that’s deposited in your PayPal account in your bank account in minutes.

eBay strongly discourages payment methods other than Paypal. I’ve sold over 10k items on PayPal and never taken payment for an auction in anything other than Paypal. Most buyers refuse to participate in auctions that demand any other payment method. If you don’t accept PayPal on eBay you’ll find yourself getting far far lower prices for your items.

1 Like

I like the Battery app screen shot idea.

I’ve used Paypal for well over 10 years without any issues. To the best of my knowledge they’ve not dealt with a data breach like the Equifax breach.

I don’t love all their fees when selling items with them, but otherwise I’ve never had issues with them.

I’ve also purchased phones through eBay and Swappa, and worked fine with both.

1 Like

I have used Swappa a few times and found it a pleasant experience.

1 Like
Message an
Expert customer