Switch to wifi only for Canada trip?

Info

<NOTE: PLEASE REMOVE THE < > MARKS BEFORE POSTING OR YOUR ANSWERS WILL BE HIDDEN>
Phone Brand: Moto
Phone Model: G
**Phone Generation:**Android 5.1
Plan: refund
Plan Option: base plan + 0.5 gb cell data

I thought I should be able to change plans twice per bill cycle - that’s how things were when I first joined Republic Wireless. Now I am traveling in Canada, and before I left I read that I should switch to wifi only since talk and text will only work on wifi in Canada, but when I tried to change it says that the change will activate July 11th, at the beginning of the next billing cycle. ???

Hi @erinr.7nrp4a,

The ability to switch between plans twice per billing cycle was part of Republic’s 1.0 plan structure. Republic’s 2.0 refund plans require plan changes to take place on one’s bill cycle date. There is no way around this. Some more detail on traveling internationally with a Republic phone is here:

Hi @erinr.7nrp4a!

Just to add an official source to what @rolandh said, the following comes from this document:

“Plan changes do not go into effect until your next bill cycle date.
You’ll need to have access to a data connection, either a cell or WiFi network, when changing plans from your phone (if you’re currently on the WiFi only plan, you’ll need to be connected to WiFi to change plans.)
Only account owners can change plans.”

mb2x

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.