Switching from one phone to another


I just bought a new phone moto g 5 plus.what is the procedure of switching from moto g 3.what do I need to do? do I need to purchase a sim card or what? please help.thanks


If you purchased the G5+ from Republic Wireless it would already have their SIM installed. Just Activate Your Phone – Republic Help
If purchased elsewhere you need to get a Republic SIM … see How to Bring Your Own Phone to Republic Wireless (BYOP) – Republic Help


Since I just did something similar, assuming your BYOP.

You will need to follow the steps in the above link:
1.Use our Coverage Checker to make sure we have BYOP coverage in your area.
2.Ensure that your phone is supported as a Republic Wireless 3.0 Phone.
3.Purchase a Republic Wireless SIM card from our online store, or through Amazon.com.
4.Follow our activation instructions.
(I bought through RW.)

The SIM will be with the T-Mobile Partner. If this SIM does not work in your area, or does with much less coverage, you will need to find a signal strong enough to active the phone (Wi-Fi + T-Mobile signal), and then put in a Help Ticket to swap for a CDMA SIM.

EDIT: I forgot to add that you would select the option to “move your current number to your new phone”.



This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.