Switching SIM cards


If I buy a mo to e4+ can I use the sim card from my broken mot o g4


this depends on which network partner your old Moto G4 was on (if it was the GSM partner (SIM will have a grey RE and a Green Public printed on it) then you can do this as swaping phones by swapping SIMs is a GSM feature.
If it’s the CDMA then you will need a new SIM card (which will be GSM but once the phone is activated you can request a CDMA SIM if that coverage is needed How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help


The old phone is with republic wireless. It died and I have to replace it


Hi @roberta.b1cdsm

Please take a look at the SIM card from your old phone. You should see the word “republic” on it. If the letters in “public” are green, you can move that SIM. If the letters are black/grey, you will not be able to move that SIM and will need a replacement provided by Republic support.

If you are ordering the E4+ from the Republic Wireless store, it will come with the needed SIM.


Republic has 2 cell network providers [one is GSM base (T-Mobile) the other is CDMA base (Sprint), changing phones by swapping the SIM is a GSM feature] any phone on Republic one or the other,
If the ”Republic” text on the SIM is just a two-tone grey then the SIM is CDMA and you willl need a new BYOD SIM [which would be GSM] after activating with the BYOD GSM SIM one can request a CDMA SIM if that underlying carrier has better coverage. [How to Request a 3.0 CDMA SIM Card – Republic Help]
If the ”Re” part of the ”Republic” text is grey and the ”public” part is green the the SIM is GSM and one can Swap the phones by swapping the SIM


This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.