Switching to a new phone not purchased from RW

I’m already a RW customer. If I buy a new phone from someone other than RW–say, a new Moto G6 (which sells elsewhere for less), how do I switch my account and phone number to that phone?

Hi @stephenb.xdy2ic!

First, you will need to make sure that the phone is a compatible model and/or SKU. See this document: Republic Wireless Phones – Republic Help . Also see this guide: How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone .

I see from your profile that you have a Moto X2. Once you find a compatible phone, you will need to purchase a Republic SIM card for the phone.

Please note that when you bring your own device and buy a SIM card, you will be using TMobile’s network (not Sprint’s like your X2). Thus, you may or may not see a coverage difference. If you find that the coverage isn’t adequate, you may open a support ticket and ask to be moved to CDMA (Sprint) provided that the phone is compatible. See this article to check if the phone you are interested in is compatible with both GSM and CDMA: What 3.0 Phones Are Compatible with CDMA Service? – Republic Help .

I hope that helps!

2 Likes

Very helpful, thanks. Can you also provide a link for purchasing Republic SIM cards?

2 Likes

Here’s a link I found when I went on the home page…
https://republicwireless.com/shop/bring-your-own-phone/sim-card/

If you happen to be an Amazon Prime member, you can get one there, also, which has free shipping and may be quicker.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer