Switching Virgin Mobile Galaxy S7s to Republic

I have 2 Galaxy S7 Phones I bought a few years ago from Virgin Mobile and would like to use them with Republic. I went through the process of switching one of the phones to “North America Unlocked”. Will this allow the phone to be used with Republic? If so I’ll do the same process with the other phone. I really don’t have the funding at this time to buy new phones and would like to keep the phones I have.

Thanks,
Jon

So you’ve attempted to create a SM-G930U by flashing a SM-G930P with SM-G930U software? It may work, it may not. It is unsupported and you’re on your own with sorting out any problems.

3 Likes

Hi @nipstech - I have no experience with unlocking a Virgin Mobile Galaxy S7 and using it with the RW service but there is some information you can review that might help.

First - How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone

Second - How to Confirm a Phone You Have or Will Purchase Is Compatible with Republic Wireless – Republic Help

The second document has a procedure you can try on the unlocked phone. It might tell you if it will be compatible with RW. I say might because of the caveats mentioned about the S7 in the first article.

There might be some other Community Members that have more direct knowledge about using a Virgin Mobile unlocked Galaxy S7 with RW. Hope this helps!

Message an
Expert customer