System update failure

moto g4 system update failed. no help from computer,will not prepare the device. now my phone is useless

The last update that I find for the G4 System Update for Moto G4 and Moto G4 PLUS was announced May 2nd … so there are a lot of folks that have updated. Could you provide more details … any error messages, where in the process did it fail, what you have tried etc?

My Moto G4 Plus just got a notification to upgrade. Came here to check if it was OK to do, now I’m not so sure. Build number is NPJ25.93-14.5, newer than the link above references. If I were to guess I’d say this is the update the original post was about. I’ll probably wait until Republic confirms the update in the announcements.

i updated last night to NPJ25.93-14.5 and have had no problems. The G4 Plus is activated on T-Mobile and not RW, but that should not affect anything.

1 Like

I got the notification on my G4 Plus a couple of days ago.

All is well (other than getting the notification a couple of days ago for a May 2017 security update?) :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

It took all of five minutes to install. As Nike used to say “just do it”.

1 Like

Hi @roberta.vcwi1o,

Please open a support ticket at http://republicwi.re/myaccountsupport, we’d like to look into this with you.

Message an
Expert customer