• Build number: OPR6.170623.012
  • Android 8.0 Oreo

Nexus 5X

• Build number: OPR6.170623.013
  • Android 8.0 Oreo

Nexus 6P

• Build number: OPR6.170623.013
  • Android 8.0 Oreo

Is the release date supposed to be 09/30/17? I’m definitely not showing any updates available on my Nexus 5X yet.

Hi @harts12,

This was rolled out by Google on 8/30, but may not be available to everyone just yet depending on their rollout schedule. I suggest to keep checking each day and expect it soon.

Thanks for the clarification.

So my Nexus 6P, which I purchased unlocked, is still on 7.1.2 with the August 5 security patches. Manually checking for updates doesn’t do anything. I am on Republic 3.15.1.3. Any idea what I can do to trigger the update?

Still no update to my Nexus 6p, despite manually checking multiple times a week. The 8.1 files are rolling out already, and I’m still on 7.1.2 Any ideas @beng? Anyone?

Hi @jbhelfrich!

Have you modified any system files on your 6P (i.e. rooted, unlocked the boot loader, etc.)? Any of these things can prevent an update from being available for download.

If not, try opening the dialer, dial * # * # 2432546 # * # * and then check to see if there’s an update available.

Nope, no changes from stock on my phone… Only OTA updates, and those only actually over the air, not sideloaded.

I dialed your sequence. The number disappeared from the dialer as soon as I finished it, and I got a notification from Google Play Services that says “checkin succeeded” . Checking for updates shows that the phone is up to date (7.1.2), and that its last successful check for update was when I entered the number. Checking for updates manually does not change anything.

Hey @jbhelfrich,

I see about a month ago you stated that you purchased an “unlocked” Nexus 6p. To reiterate what @beng is saying, if you’re stating that the bootloader is unlocked, then your 6p will no longer receive over the air updates (OTAs). Meaning, “checking for updates” will yield no results.

I’m not certain it would work but you could try enrolling in the Android Beta Program to see if that will push OTAs to your 6p. Outside of that you’d have to manually install updates yourself.

You may find the following link helpful:

If your bootloader is not unlocked and you’re still unable to pull OTA updates, I would recommend opening a support ticket.

Have a great weekend!

I meant not carrier locked. I’ve not made any changes to the phone. It was stock from Huawei, purchased from Amazon, not a third party. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015YCRYYS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It upgraded from 6 to 7, and every OTA update aside from the one to Oreo, without any issue…

Oh, and I do software QA for a living. So I try to avoid betas on my devices. Buggy software is my day job.

I too was not getting updates about a month ago so I sideloaded the latest stable build and now I’m getting OTA’s might be worth a try.

EDIT: I have a pixel XL.