Team Yanny or Team Laurel, which are you?

The internet is abuzz with this all-important question. Which do you hear, Yanny or Laurel?

• Yanny
  • Laurel

0 voters

If you haven’t heard the audio clip yet, it’s here:

Old guys always hear Laurel. Without being a part pooper there’s a great explanation online about who hears what and why.

I disagree. Mr. Southpaw is no Spring chicken and he is certain it says “Yanny.” We stood in the same room listening to the same audio clip and heard distinctly different things. I had him try the slider and it took him all the way to one “blip mark” short of Laurel before he could hear it correctly. :smiling_imp:

Hmm. Interesting. Apparently not what the science says. Your Mr. Southpaw is a freak of nature!

That explains so much. Maybe even like why he’d put up with me for so long!

Right now, I’m happy I renounced social media.

My Wife hears Yammy. I clearly hear Laurel.

Spoken like someone from the losing Yanny team. :smiling_imp:

I might be offended if I knew what the ■■■■ you were talking about. :relieved:

An old rooster here that wears hearing aids, and it seems to depend on what device that you are listening to. On my phone, it sounds like Yanny, but on my PC with some fairly decent speakers, it sounds like Laurel (with or w/o my aids).

Yanny

who and who ?

I hear Yanny clear as a bell on Chromebook and Win7 PC.

I have sensitive hearing so I was interested in this when it was on TV. I turned up the volume and listened and I listened to it again on my computer. I found I can even imitate the sound. (Maybe this why I’m so interested in birds and whale calls.) What I hear is not what most people hear. I don’t know what it’s meant to say, but I do know I do not hear Yanny or Laural.

Yeah, a friend of mine hears “Larry”. LOL Try as I might, I only hear “Laurel”. I wanna be one of those high-frequency Yanny people, but alas, I’m not. I feel so invalidated and ashamed on Facebook. :rofl::rofl:

Wow, this is really freaky. I hear Laurel at about 2 ‘blip marks’ .

:dizzy_face:

You need to vote on the poll @aFloridian, kinda lonely down here. :stuck_out_tongue:

I have to move to the 2nd blip mark right of center to hear Yanny. I can hear Laurel at every blip mark before that.

I can hear either, depends on the situation.

I raise you this: