Telephones that I can use with Republic wireless

Can you use a Samsung Galaxy s -3 phone on republic network

The Galaxy J3 is compatible with Republic’s service, but the S3 is not. Compatible S series phones from Samsung start with the S6. See

I would think the S3 is getting a bit long in the tooth by now.

Maybe so, but I was using one up to 3 weeks ago and I would assume that there are still a lot of them in service (just not on RW).

The S3 is simply too old and is far discontinued.
The latest version of Android it officially has is far too old.

It still was a excellent phone for its day.

For R.W.'s BYOD support, you need Android M 6.0 or newer stock device as the ones listed on the Supported Phones page are.

Edit: Corrected Android version number.

Hi @tome.absasi,

In case you are seeing these replies in your E-mail rather than here in Community, I’d like to clarify that the reply that began “Maybe so” was actually directed to a different user, who had written that the S3 is “a little long in the tooth.” It was not meant to be a “Maybe so” to your question about compatibility with Republic’s service.

The S3 is not compatible with our service.

Yup exactly.

The answer Samsung S 3 is not compatible is the answer I was looking for, not the answer I wanted but I know that a good deal that does not work is not a good deal. Thank you.

Hey, I’m looking to buy a Samsung S7 on eBay. The guide on Republic’s site indicates that I need one with the model number SM-G930U. I found one with the model number SM-G930UZKAXAA…is this the same thing!!! Please help!
Thanks

yes this should be the the same phone
please read this advice before ordering
How to Find a Compatible Unlocked Phone

Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge

The unlocked versions of the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge are easier to find. Their model numbers (SM-G930U and SM-G935U) are only applicable to the unlocked versions. That being said, there are a number of unscrupulous sellers on eBay and Amazon selling phones that are NOT the “U” version of the phone, but labeling them as such. These sellers are buying carrier branded phones, reflashing them, and selling them as the “U” version. While these models may or may not activate with Republic, they have incompatibilities that will limit your coverage and provide an inferior user experience. There is generally one way to tell that the phone you’re looking at is one of these “frankenphones”. In the listing, does the seller mention that the phone will only work with GSM carriers? Or that it doesn’t work with Sprint or Verizon? If that’s the case, you should skip that phone, as it isn’t the factory unlocked version.

Awesome, thanks for the assistance!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.