Temporarily Transfer Number

What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017)

What plan are you on? My Choice + 2GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? My plan includes data.

Issue Description

My phones LCD has to be fixed because it’s broke. I need to have access to my number for business in the mean while. I have my old Republic Wireless phone (Moto X) which I’d like to temporarily transfer my number to while my current phone is being fixed. I could also add a temporary line if possible for a few days while my phone is being fixed.

How can I transfer the number while my phone is being fixed or add a temporary line in the mean while?

It would be helpful to know what model Moto X and what your current phone is.

Assuming you have a Moto X first generation during the reactivation process chose to transfer your current #. If your current phone being repaired is on the My Choice plan and deactivated for 20 days you would need to replace the SIM card.

:flight_departure:

Thank you! Can I do this with out changing my phone plan? Also when I transfer the number back to my phone will I have to get a new plan, replacing the plan I had?

Switching from a 3.0 phone to a legacy phone will have to have a plan change from a my choice plan to a 2.0 republic refund plan, after you J7 is fixed and you reactivate it you will be going back to a my choice plan (which is the current plan that phone is using)

2 Likes

Are you on a one year prepaid plan? If so, you should probably submit a help ticket and ask for guidance before switching to the older phone.

2 Likes

No. I’m not a 1 year prepaid plan.

Would I have to replace the sim card on my old phone (Moto X P30)? It’s been deactivated for a year and a half now.

Thank You! Would I have to replace the sim card on my old phone (Moto X P30)? It’s been deactivated for a year and a half now.

No, the SIMs in the legacy phones (the Moto X1, X2, G1, G3, E1 and E2) don’t expire.

1 Like

Thank You Louis! :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer