Text confusion between old and new phone

What phone do you have? moto g power 2021

What plan are you on? not sure

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? talk and text, 1 gb data

Issue Description

After setting up my new phone, my son’s texts (he is a republic) have not come to my new phone. Another son’s texts (he is not a republic member) did not come to my phone on Weds, but seemed to have come yesterday. Who knows about tomorrow.

I know only because I needed to view some texts off my old phone, and saw these other ones come in there which had not come in on my phone.
I wonder if there is a way to fix this or if it was a chat or something that didn’t move over to the other phone.

Hi @janelle.bku4gn,

If I’m understanding correctly and the texts in question continue to go to your old phone rather than the new phone, it’s likely because they are RCS chats. Google’s RCS “chat features” and Republic service don’t get along particularly well. Republic advises turning chat features of as described here:

You’ll want to disable chat features on both old and new phones, then restart both phones.

mine are both off already.
I will tell my one son to turn his off, the other son, he is not a republic wireless service member

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer