Text function not working unless data turned on or WIFI connection active

What phone do you have?
Moto G7
What plan are you on?
My Choice + 1 Gb
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
1 Gb

Issue Description

This has been going on for sev. months now, but since the great majority of the time I use my phone in a WIFI environment, the occurences are rare. But when it does happen while I’m out somewhere, it’s quite inconvenient to have to pause and turn on my data plan to send/receive texts.

Any/all suggestions from the fine folks who are Ambassabors are much appreciated.

This Member Community is one big reason I’m not interested in shopping around for some other provider’s deal.

2 Likes

Hi @williamh.kxr7dk,

With Republic service, cell data needs to be turned on in Android settings in order for text messaging (and phone calls) to work properly when away from WiFi, so please leave cell data on there. Republic’s blended service is unique and uses small amounts of cell data for both phone calls and text messaging when away from WiFi. We do not pay for cell data used for talk & text nor is cell data used for those purposes deducted from any cell data one purchases for Internet use.

If you wish to be certain cell data is only used for Internet access when you want it to be, please see here:

3 Likes

Hello rolandh. Once again, you show yourself to be a hero for Republic. You have my sincere thanks.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer