Text Message from email

We recently upgraded one of our phones to the 3.0 plans. With the 1.0 & 2.0 plans, you could look up your Sprint number and use that number in programs like KidCheck to get a text message when my kids are checked in/out at the church. This was so helpful because I would know if my husband had already picked up the kids if we were volunteering in separate areas. So my question is with the new 3.0 plans, does Republic Wireless support text from email? Or is there a way to look up your number of the underlaying provider? Thanks!

Hi @brookeg,

While it’s still possible to discover the secondary number on newer Republic phones, doing so won’t help in this instance as those numbers no longer receive text messages.

Republic does operate an email to SMS (text) gateway. The address to send to is yourrepublicnumber@text.republicwireless.com. You’ll also need to enable this using the Republic app on your phone. To do so:

1. Open the Republic Wireless app.
  2. Tap gear icon upper right.
  3. Tap Advanced settings.
  4. Scroll to Allow SMS messages from email, then tap the checkbox.

An even better solution would be for the app’s developer to support sending text messages directly to Republic numbers.

Hi @brookeg

As @rolandh noted, the 3.0 phones support email-to-sms (text). This feature is also supported in 1.0 and 2.0 phones too.
You can turn it on using the Republic Wireless app. Select the gear-shaped icon > Advanced settings > Allow SMS messages from email.

You can access your Republic Wireless App and under Settings/Advanced Settings/Other you will find 'Allow SMS messages from email which needs to be :solved:… then the service would just send the email to [your phone number]@text.republicwireless.com (without the [brackets])

Don’t the numbered instructions I posted work for all versions of the Republic app?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.