Text Messages from Verizon show up as emails

What phone do you have? Samsung A51

What plan are you on? 1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data

Issue Description

I receive text messages from a few people, but the message arrives as an email with a *.txt attachment which is the text. How do I read the txt files on my phone? The sender name shows up on my computer or phone as their cellphone number@vzwpix.com. One of the senders uses Verizon as their wireless carrier.

Text messages from most people show up properly (Republic and non-Republic customers).

This Help Article appears to address your problem, based on the very good explanation you provided.

Your solution did not address my issue. I found the answer on the Verizon forum:

"I discovered he had accidentally texted me using my email address instead of my phone number. You can do that. From that point on, my replies to his messages from that text thread all appeared to him as emails with a *.txt attachment file.

To fix it: I just texted him using his phone number and he replied. New thread! All happy again. Text msgs are text messages. No email. If you have this problem, just tell the other person to text you in a new thread using your phone #. Depending on their message app, it may choose your email instead if the person just types your name instead of manually entering your phone # - so make sure they manually enter your #."

2 Likes

Thanks for your response and sharing your fix!! … I have marked it as the ‘Solution’ and will submit it to Republic as a possible addition to the Help Article that I found.

Message an
Expert customer