Text messages only work over Wifi

What phone do you have? Moto E 5 play

What plan are you on? My Choice + 3G

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Data included

Issue Description

Yesterday my phone stopped sending or receiving text messages when I’m not on Wifi. Calls still come in and I can use data. I restarted my phone a couple of times over the last day. DIdn’t solve the problem. I can’t find any other system setting changes.
Thanks!

Hi @janeta.j26c93 and welcome to the Member Community. Try running through this text troubleshooting guide.

Might be worth trying the following –

Come back if you have questions or if none of the items help.

3 Likes

The Help articles that @freddyp has provided should get you up and running.

• I would suggest that when anyone experiences a connectivity problem (WiFi or Cellular), that they first make note of what Notification the RW App has provided.
  • If a few members could provide this information (what you saw and what fixed it), possibly it could provide some feedback to RW that could be shared for others

Hi,
Have you had the opportunity to try the suggested help that Ambassador @freddyp provided, or found something else that ‘fixed’ your problem?
User feedback on problems is an important source of knowledge that many of us use to keep abreast of the problems that our fellow users are experiencing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer