Texting issue with Moto G Power

I did not.

The only issue that I have had is sometimes when not on WiFi, I have trouble SENDING texts.
RECEIVING them has not been a problem when not on WiFi.

KW

Hi @kennyw.ec2x64,

I’ve moved your feedback about texting when away from WiFi to its own topic, so we can explore this separately from the activation question I asked about.

Thanks for the feedback on both topics!

I have helped two of our testers who contacted me by private message and who were having some trouble with text messages. Both were on the Moto G Power. I’d like to hear from all the Moto G Power users to be sure they’ve all tried sending and receiving text messages, both on and off of WiFi,

Here’s what has helped with the other two people I’ve worked with:

1. Make sure RCS is disabled on both your old phone and your new phone. The Messages app will continue to deliver messages to your old phone if you had RCS enabled on it, and it may use your cellular routing number rather than your real Republic Wireless number on the new phone.
    How to Disable the RCS Chat Features in Messages by Google – Republic Help

2. Open the Republic app. Just open it! Make sure it says you have data available and a phone number.

3. Make sure Settings > Battery > Adaptive battery is disabled. You don’t want the phone turning off the Republic app just because you haven’t opened the app. The app must be running in the background for our service to work.

4. Make sure you have cellular data and roaming data enabled. Settings > Network and Internet > Mobile network, “Mobile data” and “Roaming” need to be on.

5. If you’re still having trouble with text messages after checking all that, open the dialer as if you’re going to make a call and use the numeric keypad to dial * # * # 8647 # * # *. Give that a moment, then reboot the phone.

If the issue persists, make sure you’re seeing a “4G” or “LTE” icon next to the cellular strength bars when you’re away from WiFi. If that’s not there, we may see if coverage is the issue.

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer