Texting uses sprint number for one contact

What phone do you have?
Moto Z3 Play running Android V9
What plan are you on?
My Choice + 1 GB
Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?
Yes

Issue Description

I have 2 Moto z3 plays, I broke the old ones screen and recently purchased a replacement. They are not the same android versions and the old one has never done this “glitch” to me.
So basically my phone uses my sprint number when I text my boss and has been doing it for about 2 weeks. (I just now turned off wifi and tried again, it used the correct number, hmmm)
It did this to one other contact about 3 weeks ago and it only lasted about 20 mins and nothing since with that contact.
Further, when I receive an MMS, It comes in as a group chat listing my republic number at the top as a 3rd person. But when I reply, it sends as my republic number.

Has anyone else seen anything like this?

Hi @jasonp.jk30bh,

Your experience is a bit out of the ordinary in that you mention it happening sporadically with certain numbers only. Please try refreshing your phone’s Republic activation as described by Republic here:

How to Refresh the Republic Wireless Activation – Republic Help.

Does that sort things?

Oh sorry, I did that yesterday. I forgot to add that in the post.

Here’s the solution:

Open the Messages App
While on the main list of messages tap the three stacked dots on the top right
Touch Settings
Touch Chat Features
Turn Off Chat

Thank you!
This solved the main issue so far. How did you know that?
The solution to the MMS coming across as a group with my own number as 3rd party was that my sprint number was listed in advanced settings of the messages app. It is editable for some reason.

1 Like

He’s pretty darn amazing, isn’t he?!

I must agree lol

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer