Texts are hanging - delayed sending and receiving

What phone do you have? Moto G3

What plan are you on? Unlimited Talk & Text only

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Talk and Text only

My wife and I have been Republic members since 2014 and have a good experience until September 2018. At that point we had frequent problems sending and receiving text messages. When you sent a text it would just “hang” there and say “sending.” There would often be delays of 30 minutes to 2 hours before a text would go through. Often this applied to receiving texts from others as well. We use the stock Android messaging app.

It got so bad last September I opened a help ticket. Tech support walked me through a variety of steps that did not help. Their next proposal was to do a factory reset on the phone, which I refused to do because of the inconvenience and because it felt like they were just grasping at straws.

Shortly after that the problem got a lot better without me doing the reset or anything else. However, it has never entirely gone away. Most of the time texts go through normally. However at least a couple of times a week the “hanging texts” issue rears up again. usually for just twenty minutes or so, but sometimes for several hours. Then it goes away and the phone performs normally. It has gotten annoying enough that we are now seriously considering leaving Republic Wireless. My wife’s phone, which is identical, has the same problem but usually not at the same time.

Has anyone had this problem and can you propose any solutions? I

Issue Description

You might try updating the texting app on the phone to Google Messages. The older default app has not been supported by Google for some time now. The comprehensive help article for troubleshooting texting issues can be found at:

1 Like

Thanks we did try switching to Google Messages at the time but it made no difference.

Hi @robertw.bpkcwv,

The stock messaging app is simply not supported. This means troubleshooting is not going to be useful if that’s the app you are using, because the app itself is not up to date with current industry standards.

Even though you didn’t see a difference when switching to Google Messages last September, it would take troubleshooting on Google Messages for our Community or our Help team to be able to make a viable attempt at solving this with you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer