Texts arrive in Chinese script

master_ticket

Hi @tiffanyt.wmalxl,

There’s no solution yet. If you have any additional details that might help us solve this, please let us know. For example, for the friend whose text messages end up in foreign characters, what kind of phone is being used, what carrier are the text messages coming from, and what kind of text messages seem to have it happen? (Long text messages? Text messages with an Emoji? Any particular Emoji, or all of them?)

Please also open a ticket explaining what’s going on, share screen shots in the ticket (not here, because we’ll see personal contact info) and ask that the ticket be investigated as part of master ticket 1508934.

(Pinging @Ambassadors for situational awareness.)

What phone do you have?

What plan are you on?

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text?

Issue Description

Recently, some texts appear as Chinese characters (moto g refund plan)

Hi @teleokin,

I moved your post into an existing conversation on the matter so we can focus the details in a single place in the hope of understanding it better.

Do you know any detail about what seems to be different about the texts that arrive normally and those that arrive with Chinese characters?

Messages sent by a Cricket user, when ending with a text generated Emoji and is over 25 characters , Begins with traditional Chinese characters. The emoji is auto filled from a typed word in the cricket format.

AT&T suffered through this problem for a long time. Long texts with emojis seemed to cause this to occur. If you guys have any contacts there, you might reach out.

On occasion txt messages appear on my wife’s phone in what appear to be Chinese characters. They are from her sisters none of whom speak such a language. At times when she responds to such a message it appears in English to the original sender.

This has happened on her old Moto X and her 3 week old Moto G6

Is China using their chips to act like our NSA spying on our conversations???
Example:
䠀椀 䰀愀甀爀愀Ⰰ 匀漀 最氀愀搀 礀漀甀 最甀礀猀 愀爀攀 漀渀 愀 最攀琀愀眀愀礀⸀ 夀漀甀 愀爀攀 猀漀 欀椀渀搀 愀渀搀 氀漀瘀椀渀最 琀漀 栀愀瘀攀 栀攀氀瀀攀搀 礀漀甀爀 洀漀洀 愀氀氀 琀栀椀猀 琀椀洀攀⸀ 夀漀甀 愀爀攀 最漀漀搀 挀栀椀氀搀爀攀渀⸀ 䤀 眀愀猀 眀漀渀搀攀爀椀渀最 栀漀眀 猀栀攀 椀猀 栀攀愀氀椀渀最 愀渀搀 爀攀栀愀戀戀椀渀最⸀ 䤀 眀椀氀氀 挀愀氀氀 栀攀爀 挀攀氀氀⸀ 䐀愀瘀攀 愀渀搀 䤀 愀爀攀 瘀攀爀礀 最漀漀搀⸀ 䨀甀猀琀 挀攀氀攀戀爀愀琀攀搀 漀甀爀 ㄀㈀ 礀爀 愀渀渀椀瘀攀爀猀愀爀礀⸀ 圀攀 愀爀攀 最漀椀渀最 琀漀 猀琀愀礀 眀椀琀栀 昀爀椀攀渀搀猀 椀渀 䴀愀爀礀氀愀渀搀 愀琀 攀渀搀 漀昀 䄀瀀爀椀氀 愀渀搀 搀漀 愀氀氀 琀栀攀 洀甀猀攀甀洀猀 椀渀 䐀䌀⸀ 䐀愀瘀攀✀猀 搀愀搀 瀀愀猀猀攀搀 愀眀愀礀 洀椀搀 䨀愀渀

Nothing that nefarious: Texts arrive in Chinese script

Thanks for that link! Appears we are not alone. This was a long msg which did contain an emoji.

Hi @craigw.vkuxs3,

Do you happen to know what kind of phones and what carrier your sisters-in-law use?

phone Moto X4

plan Unlimited Text/Talk + Data

On several occasions, when I get a text message from my son, his message comes in mostly as Chinese characters. There are a few words that are still in English but most are Chinese characters. The emoticons come through OK. I looked at a copy of his message on his phone. Everything is English. On the receiving end, my phone displays Chinese characters!! No one else that he sends text to gets this strange behavior. So I conclude the problem is in my phone? I do not get the unexpected font from other text messages. Help!

Issue Description

There’s a big thread discussing this at Texts arrive in Chinese script. There is no solution as of yet that I’m aware of. It seems to occur more frequently in long texts (MMS) and/or texts with emojis.

Hi @gilberts.ym4y7q,

I’ve moved your post into the topic on the matter so we can focus the conversation in a single place. If you’d like to open a help ticket about the matter, be sure to provide as much detail as possible and ask that it be investigated as part of master ticket 1508934.