Texts at the top of every hour 24 hours of the day. How to eliminate them?

My husband gets a text message every hour at the top of the hour all 24 hours of the day. If he clicks on one, the message is that it is, “This site has been identified to have potentially malicious content”. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Information on text message blocking can be found at:

Does your husband have antivirus software installed? The message “This site has been identified to have potentially malicious content” seems like it could be coming from Norton antivirus. I don’t use antivirus software on my phone.

Hi @ernestm.acn3r7

These may be coming from an ill-behaved app. I recommend he boots the phone in Safe Mode

See if the problem recurs then.

Chrome will say that for any site it detects as such…same as it does on PC.

Please go to Settings on the phone, not settings within the app
Apps
Find Chrome tap on it
Depending on what model phone your husband has tap on either Data or Storage - Menus are different for Samsung and Motorola.
What you want to do is clear Data and/or Cache storage on the app.

See if doing this stops the messages.

I tried this, but it didn’t stop them. BUT, you gave me an idea to check other things in Chrome. I went to notifications, and found this site was allowed, so I chose to not allow. For the first time in months, we didn’t get a notification at 5:00. So even though your suggestion didn’t solve it, it did give me another idea. So thank you! You may be interested in knowing that my husband and I are both in our 80’s, so help from you younger people is appreciated! We are still learning. :slight_smile:

That’s awesome! Wow, it’s been over 40 years since I was considered a younger person. Thank you for making me feel young and appreciated! :grinning: