Texts from RW phones still going to my old phone

Moto G6 Power
Talk & Text + Data

RW customer for many years. Successfully activated my new phone yesterday (Moto G6 Power) using the SIM card from my previous phone (Moto E4). Everything is working fine, except for the fact that I am not receiving text messages from family members who are also RW subscribers (wife, son, mother). Texts from other contacts appear to be being received. Oddly, after turning my old phone (E4) back on, I discovered that those “missing” texts were delivered there. I am not sure how to correct this issue. Phone calls from these contacts are going to the new phone, but not texts. Any help is appreciated.

On the old phone, with it connected to wifi, do the following:

Please try the following:

1. Open the Messages App
  2. Touch the three dots on the top right
  3. Touch Settings
  4. Touch Chat Features
  5. Turn OFF “Enable Chat Features”
2 Likes

I was just about to try that. Thank you for the confirmation. I am hopeful that this will work.

This should resolve it. Very common issue. New in the Android world, years and years old in the Apple world (iMessage).

Looks like it works! I’ve gotten messages from two of the #s in question already, so I’m optimistic. Thanks for your speedy help!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer