Texts not sending consistently

What phone do you have? Moto G5+

What plan are you on? My Choice +1GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? Yes, data included

Issue Description

My texts do not send reliably, away from WiFi, even though I have a strong cell signal. It's been happening for months, but inconsistent. I'm using Republic Anywhere.
2 Likes

I am sorry you are having issues with texting with the Anywhere app. I recommend the below steps for your texting issues:

1. Go to Settings
  2. Click on Apps
  3. Scroll down to Republic Anywhere and click it.
  4. Click on Storage
  5. Click on clear data. This will not delete your texts.
  6. Reboot the phone.

The next step would be to reset the credentials of the phone with the Republic servers:

1. Go into the dialer
  2. Enter ##8647## into the dialer (the dialer will clear and you will see the Republic arch go away for a moment)

If the above steps don’t work, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the updates on the Republic app.

1. Go to the Play Store
  2. Click on the three little lines on the top left of the screen.
  3. Click on My Apps and Games
  4. Scroll down to the Republic Wireless app and click on it. You may need to click on the Installed tab to see it.
  5. Click on uninstall and click okay
  6. Reboot the phone
  7. Reinstall the Republic app

The final step to try would be to delete the message threads.

1. Go to the Republic Anywhere app.
  2. Click and hold on all the texting threads.
  3. Click on the trash can icon.
  4. Reboot the phone.

If you want to try and backup your texts before deleting them, I recommend the app below.

I have also had problems the last few days with outbound messages. They indicate “Sending…” or even indicate the messages failed to send. Sometimes that is true, but other times the messages actually are sent. I have a Moto X4 currently.

@dony Are you still looking for help with this issue?

Thanks for the advice. Since it’s been an intermittent issue all along, I’m not sure it’s totally fixed yet. Seems to be working better, after following your first few suggestions. Still not working 100% of the time, but not sure I should expect that? I have not deleted and reinstalled app, but did everything above that.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Message an
Expert customer