Texts sent are being received sporadically over Wi-Fi and Cell or not received at all

What phone do you have? Samsung Galaxy S9

What plan are you on? 3 GB

Does your plan include data, or just talk & text? data, talk, & text

Issue Description

While texting various recipients, from local to all over the country, gaps are left in the conversation because recipients will receive some of my texts but not others. This has occurred over Wi-Fi or while just connected to cell. I checked to see if there was an update for the “Messages App” in the Play Store, but did not see one.

As a result of texts not being received, I have resorted to forwarding the same text back to the recipient and/or sending a screenshot of the conversation with the missing text. IF the recipient receives the screenshot, sometimes it is received as a big black empty box of which if the recipient taps on the black image, the screenshot will then appear. The texting issue has been getting worse and it doesn’t seem to matter what time of day, or day of the week, I am texting.

Is there a different text app that can be used? Does anyone else have any suggestions!? This is just infuriating!

Just to be sure, you are using the Messages app from Google?

If, by any chance, these are group messages that are not reaching some of the group participants, there is some advice here:

If you have RCS chat features enabled (not currently supported by Republic Wireless), try disabling them:

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, these text messages are not group messages they are texts just being sent to an individual. Thank you for your suggestion, however.

As stated in the last sentence of the first paragraph, yes, I am using the Messages App from Google.

There is another messaging app supported/created by Republic Wireless.

Message an
Expert customer