The camera button in left hand corner of Moto g power suddenly got much larger

the camera button in left hand corner of Moto g power suddenly got much larger. How do I return it to original size?

Hi @drup.s2s02e

Are you referring to the icon for the camera app on the Home screen or is this a button you see when using the camera app?

If it’s the icon on the Home screen, have you tried removing the icon and then adding the icon back?

Hi,

Yes, it is the icon/opening for the camera in the upper left hand corner of the home screen. It used to be a tiny black dot but now it’s much larger. I don’t know why it increased in size and don’t know how to make it smaller.

Have you tried removing the icon and then adding it back?

Hi,

I don’t know how to remove it? Can you enlighten me?

Thanks.

Put your finger on the icon and leave it there. You should see the word “Remove” at the top of the screen. Drag the icon to “Remove”.

Hi,

I’m sorry as I think we misunderstood each other. I am talking about the black dot–the camera–in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, not the camera icon. The black dot seems to have gotten larger for some reason and I’d like to return it to the original size.

Of course, there’s always a chance I could just have forgotten how large the black dot really is since I hadn’t used the phone for a while!

Hi @drup.s2s02e,

As you are seeing replies to your Community question in your e-mail and responded to them by e-mail, please keep in mind that the conversation is taking place publicly in the topic you began at The camera button in left hand corner of Moto g power suddenly got much larger.

If you could possibly remove your e-mail “signature” before you send, that would be greatly appreciated.

The camera opening you see on the screen is hardware, so it’s not likely it changed in size, unless something has caused it to be damaged. Is it still able to take pictures?

Is something going on that makes you think it is bigger? For example, sometimes the Republic “arc” notification icon is swept away from the screen, and it seem like it is behind the camera, when it fact it’s just gone. Toggling WiFi off and back on will bring it back.

If we still seem to not be understanding what you’re seeing, perhaps you could find a way to take a picture of the phone with the bigger camera “dot” and show us what you mean.

1 Like

Thank you so much for this response. The black dot seemed much larger than it had been, but perhaps that is because I hadn’t used the phone for a while and had forgotten just how big it really was. It’s about the size of a pea.

In any case, the camera still functions quite well and I’ve been assured there’s nothing wrong with my phone. I guess I simply must get used to that “black pea” in the corner all over again!

I think I took my query off the site. If not, please feel free to do it. Thank you.

Message an
Expert customer