"The number or code you dialed is invalid, please check the number..."

I switched to the Talk and Text +0.5 GB of data. I waited about 1 month to get this service.

I keep getting: “The number or code you dialed is invalid, please check the number…” on any number I dial.

I’m paying for service I cannot use.

I have never had FB or FB Messnger on this phone.

Phone: Moto X, Gen 1

Also, I forced the phone to use cell wireless by turning OFF the WiFi and OFF Airplane Mode.

I have turned the phone off and restarted several times after receiving the cell service activation announcement. It had no effect.

There are a few steps which tend to clear most issues of this type. Please make sure to take these steps in a place where you have a good wi-fi connection. Once you’ve started them please complete ALL steps.

1. Restart the phone.
  2. Reset Republic credentials - Open the dialer, then dial *#*#8647#*#* while on WiFi.
  3. Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) - Go to Settings then System Update then Update PRL
  4. Wipe Sprint settings - open the dialer again and dial ##72786#. (You will get a scary message about things being reset, don’t worry, none of your personal information is impacted, you should say “yes”.)
  5. Update the profile - go to Settings then System Update then Update Profile. (Again while on wifi)
  6. Restart again (If it doesn’t automatically)

Just to added to what @louisdi stated, I would make sure you are dialing a 10 digit phone number including the area code.

Got it. I always use a 10 digit number.

I applied the @loiusdi solution and tested it. It worked !

I’ll come back if the solution fails.

Thanks for your help !

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.