The only cheep phone is gone

Yes, were all understandably annoyed that the Huawei Ascend 5W was gone in pretty much a matter of minutes. But I’m mostly just upset that the only cheeper option they are offering was in a promotion that didn’t even last an hour. RW should really start offering more phones similar to how they used to. The reason I came in the first place was that the phone was only 100 dollars. And now I’m left scrambling for a more expensive phone with a more expensive plan one day out of the year. Maybe offer pre orders next time. Or just many more phones. Do you not realize how many customers you have now?!

2 Likes

Not cool, Republic.

@southpaw@rw will be locking this soon as they want all responses on this topic in the link above

The Moto G⁴ Play is cheap. The Amazon Prime version is even cheaper: Amazon.com: Moto G Play (4th gen.) - Black - 16 GB - Unlocked - Prime Exclusive - with Lockscreen Offers & Ads: Cell Pho… You’ll just need to buy a Republic Wireless SIM card in addition to the phone.

Thanks! I actually went and looked at that and I’m planning to buy it as it’s on sale right now at moto.

I tried to order about 6am … no luck.

Don’t know how many they had but feels like a bait and switch. Been with Republic for years never been this disappointed and some what what angry. The least they could have done is put out a notice that they were all gone within minutes. I wasted my time all morning checking to see if it was available.

2 Likes

Not cool, Republic.

@southpaw@rw will be locking this soon as they want all responses on this topic in the link above

*** ~~ßocephous™***

2 Likes

Me too. Bailing out on RW for this.

2 Likes

HI @emilyc.lukywa ,

I was hoping to keep your thread open to discuss other inexpensive phone models, but it appears it’s also going to collect the kind of feedback that we’re trying to collect in on place. So I’m going to lock this thread for now, and point everyone to please have the conversation about the sale, here: Not cool, Republic. (Feedback about the Ascend 5W promotion).

2 Likes
Message an
Expert customer